Frank Kurtz, aviator, seated on his plane "Yankee Boy," Los Angeles, 1935
- Frank Kurtz, aviator, seated on his plane "Yankee Boy," Los Angeles, 1935
- Date Created
- November 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Frank Allen Kurtz was an Olympic athlete and aviator in the United States Army Air Forces. He won the Bronze medal in 10 meter platform diving at the 1932 Olympics. He was awarded the Croix de Guerre, 3 Silver Stars, 3 Distinguished Flying Crosses, 3 Air Medals and 5 Presidential Citations.
Possibly related to the article, "Flyer Kurtz Back Safe After Brush With Death," Los Angeles Times, 25 Nov. 1935: A1.
Frank Kurtz, aviator, seated on his plane "Yankee Boy" in an airport hangar. Kurtz is dressed in flight gear, including leather jacket and trousers, fur gloves, a cap and goggles. He holds maps in one hand.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.