Frank Kurtz, aviator, and Betty Driscoll, USC student, next to his plane "Yankee Boy," Los Angeles, 1935
- Frank Kurtz, aviator, and Betty Driscoll, USC student, next to his plane "Yankee Boy," Los Angeles, 1935
- Date Created
- November 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Frank Kurtz, aviator, and Betty Driscoll, University of Southern California student, next to his plane "Yankee Boy." The photograph may have been taken upon his return from a 9000-mile good-will flight to Mexico and New York.
Possibly related to the article, "Flyer Kurtz Back Safe After Brush With Death," Los Angeles Times, 25 Nov. 1935: A1.
Frank Allen Kurtz was an Olympic athlete and aviator in the United States Army Air Forces. He won the Bronze medal in 10 meter platform diving at the 1932 Olympics. He was awarded the Croix de Guerre, 3 Silver Stars, 3 Distinguished Flying Crosses, 3 Air Medals and 5 Presidential Citations.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .