Myrtle St. Pierre after winning a breach of promise law suit, Los Angeles, 1932
- Myrtle St. Pierre after winning a breach of promise law suit, Los Angeles, 1932
- Date Created
- July 9, 1932
- Los Angeles Times
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Photograph of Myrtle St. Pierre looking happy as she makes a phone call at a pay phone after a jury awarded her $5000 in a breach of promise suit against David Hutton. The location is probably the Los Angeles County Courthouse.
Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.
In 1932, Myrtle St. Pierre brought a breach of promise suit against David Hutton two days after his marriage to the evangelist Aimee Semple McPherson. The jury awarded her $5,000.
Related to the article "Balm Granted In Hutton Case. Jury Agrees From Start; Sum of $5000 Awarded. Cheer Follows Decision as Temple Disciples Split. Aimee's Mate to Fight on; Miss St. Pierre Satisfied." Los Angeles Times, 10 Jul. 1932.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
- Trials (Breach of promise)--California--Los Angeles
St. Pierre, Myrtle Hazel Joan, b. 1902 or 1903
Los Angeles County Courthouse (Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .