Myrtle St. Pierre after winning a breach of promise law suit, Los Angeles, 1932
- Myrtle St. Pierre after winning a breach of promise law suit, Los Angeles, 1932
- Date Created
- July 9, 1932
- Los Angeles Times
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
In 1932, Myrtle St. Pierre brought a breach of promise suit against David Hutton two days after his marriage to the evangelist Aimee Semple McPherson. The jury awarded her $5,000.
Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.
Related to the article "Balm Granted In Hutton Case. Jury Agrees From Start; Sum of $5000 Awarded. Cheer Follows Decision as Temple Disciples Split. Aimee's Mate to Fight on; Miss St. Pierre Satisfied." Los Angeles Times, 10 Jul. 1932.
Photograph of Myrtle St. Pierre looking happy as she makes a phone call at a pay phone after a jury awarded her $5000 in a breach of promise suit against David Hutton. The location is probably the Los Angeles County Courthouse.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
- Trials (Breach of promise)--California--Los Angeles
St. Pierre, Myrtle Hazel Joan, b. 1902 or 1903
Los Angeles County Courthouse (Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .