Governor James Rolph marches in La Fiesta de Los Angeles Admission Day parade, Los Angeles, 1931
- Governor James Rolph marches in La Fiesta de Los Angeles Admission Day parade, Los Angeles, 1931
- Date Created
- [circa September 9, 1931]
- Los Angeles Times
Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Governor James Rolph marches in the Admission Day parade during La Fiesta de Los Angeles. He wears a tuxedo and marches down a street at center. He tips his top hat as he smiles to camera. The parade travels along a road that stretches across the image on an angle back to the right. Behind and to the right of Governor Rolph, a few drummers in a marching band follow in the procession. Spectators crowd the opposite side of the road in the near distance at left. They stand in front of building with signage that reads, "[...]THERS," "[...]RICES SLASHED," and "DEVAUX [...]."
A similar photograph of the same event is titled, "Governor Pays Fitting Homage to Her Majesty," Los Angeles Times, 10 Sep. 1931: A5
This photograph is related to the article, "State's Admission to Union Feted in Historic Parade: All California United in Colorful Procession Quarter of Million Persons Thrilled as Floats and Flags Fill Downtown Streets," Los Angeles Times, 10 Sep 1931: A1
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
- Rolph, James, 1869-1934
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Parades & processions--California--Los Angeles
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .