F. W. Robinson, W. M. Jeffers, F. W. Charske, Carl R. Gray, and W. A. Harriman arrive in Los Angeles via railroad, 1934
- F. W. Robinson, W. M. Jeffers, F. W. Charske, Carl R. Gray, and W. A. Harriman arrive in Los Angeles via railroad, 1934
- Date Created
- October 19, 1934
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
The rail flyer arrived in East Los Angeles station from Omaha three minutes ahead of schedule on its run of 33 hours and 45 minutes.
Jeffers, Gray, Charske, Harriman, and Robinson stand together on the railroad tracks in front of the train, a large group of men watching off to the side.
Similar photograph appears with the article, "Streamline Train Here to Make Test Run East," Los Angeles Times, 20 Oct 1934: A1.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Business people--American--California--Los Angeles
Gray, Carl R. (Carl Raymond), 1867-1939
Charske, Faunin W. (Faunin Woody), 1881-1953
Harriman, W. Averell (William Averell), 1891-1986
Union Pacific Railroad Company
Jeffers, William M.
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .