Dignitaries attend the opening of the California Pacific International Exposition, San Diego, 1935
- Dignitaries attend the opening of the California Pacific International Exposition, San Diego, 1935
- Date Created
- [May 29, 1935]
- Los Angeles Times
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Photograph appears with the article, "Crowds Hail Beauty of Exposition at San Diego as Without Peer in History: PROGRESS OF WEST COAST TYPIFIED IN MIRACLE CITY Visitors Stand in A we as They View Wonders of Colossal Spectacle Reflecting Genius of Man," Los Angeles Times, 30 May 1935: 5.
Dignitaries attend the opening of the California Pacific International Exposition include, from left, William Phillips, U.S. Secretary of Commerce Daniel Roper, Exhibition President Frank Belcher, California Gov. Frank Merriam, and Brig.-Gen Seth Howard of the California National Guard.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
- Exhibitions--California--San Diego
Merriam, Frank Finley, 1865-1955
Roper, Daniel C. (Daniel Calhoun), 1867-1943
California Pacific International Exposition (1935-1936 : San Diego, Calif.)
Howard, Seth E. (Seth Edward), 1884-1935
Belcher, Frank G. (Frank Garrettson), 1905-1959
Phillips, William, 1878-1968
- San Diego (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .