Lewis Patrick Phillips, former judge, tending his garden, Downey, 1922
- Lewis Patrick Phillips, former judge, tending his garden, Downey, 1922
- Date Created
- July 1922
- Los Angeles Times
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
This photograph appears with the article, Smith, Burton L., "Father Fought In Revolution. Ex-Judge Links Independence War With Present. Still Active Although He is 91 Years Old. Has Vivid Recollection of Hero Parent." Los Angeles Times, 22 Jul. 1922:II1.
Former justice of the peace Lewis Patrick Phillips tending the garden of his Downey home. He was interviewed for a newspaper article because at that time he was the last remaining living son of a man who belonged to the Continental Army.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .