93,000 fans gather to watch U.S.C. Trojans play against Duke Blue Devils at the Rose Bowl, Pasadena, 1939
- 93,000 fans gather to watch U.S.C. Trojans play against Duke Blue Devils at the Rose Bowl, Pasadena, 1939
- Date Created
- January 2, 1939
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
The Trojans, from the University of Southern California, played the Duke Blue Devils at the Rose Bowl on January 2, 1939 to a crowd of over 93,000 fans. They beat the Blue Devils 7-3.
Different photographs taken on the same occasion appear with the article, “Last-Minute Trojan Pass Wins 7 to 3,” Los Angeles Times, 3 Jan 1939: 1.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Rose Bowl (Football game)
Duke Blue Devils (Football team)
Southern California Trojans (Football team)
- Pasadena (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .