Raymond Payne is held in suspicion of assault and attempted robbery, Los Angeles, 1938
- Raymond Payne is held in suspicion of assault and attempted robbery, Los Angeles, 1938
- Date Created
- December 27, 1938
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Photograph appears with the article, "Screams Balk Park Robbery," Los Angeles Times, 28 Dec 1938: A2.
Payne holds his hands open-palmed in front of him.
At Pershing Square police apprehended 28-year-old Raymond Payne, who has been booked on suspicion of trying to steal a purse from Louise Carlson and then strangle her with his bare hands when she screamed.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .