William Spinelli Jr., Joseph Spinelli, and Helen Angiuli embrace, Los Angeles, 1938
- William Spinelli Jr., Joseph Spinelli, and Helen Angiuli embrace, Los Angeles, 1938
- Date Created
- December 1938
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
William and the late Rosa Spinelli's children emotionally testified in the charge that their father murdered their mother with an ax.
Helen leans against brother Joseph's chest, while William puts his arms around his siblings in an embrace.
Similar photograph appears with the article, "Children Tell of Ax Killing," Los Angeles Times, 28 Dec 1938: 3.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Law & legal affairs--California--Los Angeles
Spinelli, Joseph, b. 1918 or 19
Spinelli, William, 1919-2004
Angiulli, Helen, 1913-2000
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .