Firefighters resting after Topanga Canyon fires, Los Angeles, 1938
- Firefighters resting after Topanga Canyon fires, Los Angeles, 1938
- Date Created
- [circa November 25, 1938]
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
A group of about twenty firefighters rest on a truck bed after battling flames along California Highway 1 (the Roosevelt Highway, or Pacific Coast Highway).
Fires swept through Topanga Canyon and the Santa Monica mountains in late November of 1938 when ashes from an old cooking range scattered into nearby grass in Calabasas. Flames jumped the Pacific Coast Highway and burned several homes along the beach north of Santa Monica.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.
Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .