John Eaton, 92-year-old veteran, stands amongst the tombstones of Civil War soldiers, Los Angeles, 1938
- John Eaton, 92-year-old veteran, stands amongst the tombstones of Civil War soldiers, Los Angeles, 1938
- Date Created
- December 11, 1938
- Los Angeles Times
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
92-year-old John Eaton, along with 97-year-old Thomas Carter, are the only surviving veterans of the original 200 members of the John A. Martin Post, G.A.R. The Civil War post is to be disbanded.
Story related to photograph appears with the article, "G.A.R. Post to Disband," Los Angeles Times, 12 Dec 1938: A1.
John Eaton kneels on one knee beside the tombstone of Hosea Q. Morton.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .