Norman Soong, Chinese-American journalist, Los Angeles, 1938
- Norman Soong, Chinese-American journalist, Los Angeles, 1938
- Date Created
- November 1938
- Los Angeles Times
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Norman Soong was an American-Chinese journalist and publisher. Born in Honolulu, he was educated at Yenching University, Peiping and received his M.A. degree in journalism from the University of Missouri in 1935. Early in his career he was a photographer and reporter on the China staff of the New York Times, and was a journalist and reporter for several news papers and agencies in Asia and became a publisher as well. He died in Hong Kong following a brief illness.
Photograph of Norman Soong seated at a desk and holding a pencil or other implement in one hand. Bookshelves line the 2 walls behind him.
This photograph appears with the article "Chinese Was Writer Here. Japan Far From Victorious, Declares American Oriental." Los Angeles Times, 16 Nov. 1938
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.