Groundbreaking ceremony for Watts City Hall, Los Angeles, 1936
- Groundbreaking ceremony for Watts City Hall, Los Angeles, 1936
- Date Created
- January 16, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Groundbreaking ceremonies took place at the future site of a new civic building in Watts, on 1519 One Hundred and Third street, on January 16, 1936.
A crowd is gathered around a digger at the ground breaking ceremony for a new municipal building in Watts. From left to right: Councilman Franklin P. Buyer, with his hand on his hip; Emily Vincent; Paul G. Ritter, president of Board of Public Works; Mayor Frank Shaw; Otto B. Frank, with shovel in hand.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
City council members--California--Los Angeles
Ground breaking ceremonies--California--Los Angeles
Shaw, Frank L., 1877-1958
Frank, Otto Bismark, 1880-1952
Buyer, Franklin Pierce, 1878-1963
Vincent, Emily Marguerite, 1901-1949
- Watts (Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.
Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.