Interview with and about Mabel King and What's Happening! by Walter Burrell
- Interview with and about Mabel King and What's Happening! by Walter Burrell
- Date Created
- 1978 July 18
- SOUL Publications, Inc. records, 1955-2002
Collection PASC 342, Box 59
Transcribed from container: "Mabel King "What's Happening" by Walter Burrell 1978 July 18." Walter Burrell, journalist from SOUL talks with a female speaker about Mabel King's reappearance on What's Happening! After confirming that she will not be returning, this speaker then clarifies what will happen in King's stead. At 2:13, Burrell speaks to Mr. Hornstein about whether Mabel will be returning on the next season, to which Hornstein does not fully deny or confirm. At 4:20, Burrell asks Mabel King, who clarifies that she was supposed to be negotiating the terms of her contract. She also addresses some of her issues with the portrayal of Black characters in the script and the unfairness of pay in the industry.
- (1 audiocassette; Duration: 00:23:04)
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Finding aid url
- Opac url
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- Property rights to the physical objects belong to UCLA Library Special Collections. All other rights, including copyright, are retained by the creators and their heirs. It is the responsibility of the researcher to determine who holds the copyright and pursue the copyright owner or his or her heir for permission to publish where The UC Regents do not hold the copyright. Please visit our website for information about Library Special Collections' duplication and permissions policy.
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.