Interview with Stevie Wonder by Leonard Pitts
- Interview with Stevie Wonder by Leonard Pitts
- Pitts, Leonard
- Date Created
- March 8, 1979
- SOUL Publications, Inc. records, 1955-2002
Collection PASC 342, Box 58
Transcribed from container: "Stevie Wonder by L.P.J." On side A, Stevie Wonder talks about his authentic passion and spiritual relationship with his music; KJLH, a black-owned station in Compton; being Black; and the absurdity of social constructs. On side B, Stevie Wonder discusses how he's defined as a gospel figure; Black people becoming successful and coming together to support one another; the Wonderlove group; and The Secret Life album.
- (1 audio cassette; Duration: 01:13:55)
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Finding aid url
- Opac url
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- Property rights to the physical objects belong to UCLA Library Special Collections. All other rights, including copyright, are retained by the creators and their heirs. It is the responsibility of the researcher to determine who holds the copyright and pursue the copyright owner or his or her heir for permission to publish where The UC Regents do not hold the copyright. Please visit our website for information about Library Special Collections' duplication and permissions policy.
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.