Captain Wesley White demonstrates polo strategies to Charlie Farrell, Frank Borzage, and Johnny Mack Brown, Los Angeles, 1935
- Captain Wesley White demonstrates polo strategies to Charlie Farrell, Frank Borzage, and Johnny Mack Brown, Los Angeles, 1935
- Date Created
- May 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Captain White leans over the table wearing a white V-neck sweater and clenching a pipe between his lips. Borzage, Farrell, and Brown adjust the miniature horses and polo players.
NOTE FOR MARTHA: please change Charles Farrell to an LCNAF
Captain White has officially taken command of Uplifters' polo activities. They will be playing against Midwick on Rustic Canyon turf.
Similar photograph appears with the article, "Captain White's Polo Reign Starts Today," Los Angeles Times, 19 May 1935: 22.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Motion picture producers & directors--American--California--Los Angeles
Coaches (Athletics)--California--Los Angeles
Farrell, Charles, 1900-1990
White, Wesley, (Captain)
Brown, Johnny Mack
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.