Captain Wesley White demonstrates polo strategies to Charlie Farrell, Frank Borzage, and Johnny Mack Brown, Los Angeles, 1935
- Captain Wesley White demonstrates polo strategies to Charlie Farrell, Frank Borzage, and Johnny Mack Brown, Los Angeles, 1935
- Date Created
- May 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Similar photograph appears with the article, "Captain White's Polo Reign Starts Today," Los Angeles Times, 19 May 1935: 22.
NOTE FOR MARTHA: please change Charles Farrell to an LCNAF
Captain White leans over the table wearing a white V-neck sweater and clenching a pipe between his lips. Borzage, Farrell, and Brown adjust the miniature horses and polo players.
Captain White has officially taken command of Uplifters' polo activities. They will be playing against Midwick on Rustic Canyon turf.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Coaches (Athletics)--California--Los Angeles
Motion picture producers & directors--American--California--Los Angeles
White, Wesley, (Captain)
Brown, Johnny Mack
Farrell, Charles, 1900-1990
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .