Robert Maynard Hutchins and Donald Fareed dressed in formal wear, Los Angeles, circa 1935
- Robert Maynard Hutchins and Donald Fareed dressed in formal wear, Los Angeles, circa 1935
- Date Created
- [circa March 1935]
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Robert Hutchins sits in a chair reading his speech. Donald Fareed stands over his shoulder, also looking at the paper.
The head of Chicago University Robert Maynard Hutchins gives his views on education. He gave an address to over 2500 people, at an event where he was introduced by Occidental College student Donald Fareed.
Story related to photograph appears with the article, "Education's Task Cited," Los Angeles Times, 26 Mar 1935: A2.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.