Hunger strike protest at the Plaza, Los Angeles, 1930
- Hunger strike protest at the Plaza, Los Angeles, 1930
- Date Created
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
- Protesters gather at the intersection of Plaza St. and Sanchez St. in Los Angeles. There are men and women in the crowds, and a a podium is visible. A Brunswig Drug Co. billboard is visible in the background as well as and a poster with a hammer in hand that says "WORKERS OF THE WORLD UNITE" that has speakers attached to it in the middle of the crowd. Another sign saying "WE WANT MILK!" is held up. In the background there is a "El Nuevo Porvenir" mexicana store and a place that is named "Academia Sanchez".
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .