Girl Scout committee members Lucy Guild, Carmelita Rosecrans, Doris Toney, Catherine Lane, Mrs. R.C. Griffith, Blanche Gray, Mildred Mudd, Kate Crutcher, Olivia Redwine, and Mrs. W.C. Goddard meet Lou Henry Hoover, San Pedro, 1934
- Girl Scout committee members Lucy Guild, Carmelita Rosecrans, Doris Toney, Catherine Lane, Mrs. R.C. Griffith, Blanche Gray, Mildred Mudd, Kate Crutcher, Olivia Redwine, and Mrs. W.C. Goddard meet Lou Henry Hoover, San Pedro, 1934
- Date Created
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Similar photograph appears with the article, "Mrs. Hoover Visits Port Girl Scouts," Los Angeles Times, 02 Aug 1934: A8.
Mrs. Herbert Hoover, honorary president of the Girl Scouts of America, visited a group of San Pedro socialites taking training courses preparatory to becoming Scout leaders and advisers. The exercises were attended by more than 200 persons.
The women stand in two rows at an outdoor location of the resort.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Presidents' spouses--American--California--San Pedro
Hoover, Lou Henry, 1874-1944
Guild, Lucy, (Lucy Toberman), 1909-1994
Girl Scouts of the United States of America
Redwine, Olivia, 1870-1944
Crutcher, Kate Page, 1869-1954
Goddard, W.C., (Mrs.)
Toney, Doris, 1898-1984
Gray, Blanche, 1872-1958
Mudd, Mildred Esterbrook, 1891-1958
Griffith, R.C., (Mrs.)
Rosecrans, Carmelita, (Carmelita Ewing), 1886-1969
- San Pedro (Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .