Crowd gathered to her Herbert Hoover speak outside City Hall, Los Angeles, 1928
- Crowd gathered to her Herbert Hoover speak outside City Hall, Los Angeles, 1928
- Date Created
- August 17, 1928
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Different photographs taken on the same occasion appear with the headline, "Thousands Greet Herbert Hoover During One-Day's Visit to Southland,” Los Angeles Times, 18 Aug 1928: 8.
Republican presidential nominee Herbert Hoover undertook a day-long trip throughout southern California on August 17, 1928. He visited Santa Barbara, Glendale, Los Angeles, Long Beach, Pasadena, and San Bernardino.
Herbert Hoover, seen in the distance, addresses a large crowd gathered before Los Angeles City Hall.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
- Crowds--California--Downtown Los Angeles
Hoover, Herbert, 1874-1964
Los Angeles City Hall (Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .