Brigadier-General Sherwood A. Cheney and Colonel Charles H. Hilton at Fort MacArthur, San Pedro, 1933
- Brigadier-General Sherwood A. Cheney and Colonel Charles H. Hilton at Fort MacArthur, San Pedro, 1933
- Date Created
- October 12, 1933
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Reported in "Fort Defenses here inspected," Los Angeles Times, 13 Oct. 1933: A16. The article quotes Cheney as saying that the greatest weakness of the post is not guns but lack of men.
Colonel Charles H. Hilton (right), commander of Fort MacArthur, with Brigadier General Cheney, visiting from San Francisco (left), and other military officers at Fort MacArthur.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.