Kidnapper William Edward Hickman is apprehended, Los Angeles County, 1934
- Kidnapper William Edward Hickman is apprehended, Los Angeles County, 1934
- Date Created
- June 1934
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Photograph appears with the article, "A notice Kidnapping," Los Angeles Times, 17 June 1934: J4.
Seventeen people - men, women and children have during the past thirteen years been kidnapped by seventeen different kidnappers. They have all been captured by the authorities and several have been executed. Hickman was the only kidnapper who received any ransom money but he was apprehended before he could spend very much of it.
Hickman sits on a bench with his hands folded on top of a pile of blankets in his lap.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .