Clara Callahan Ates and Dorothy Ates, ex-wife and daughter of Roscoe Ates at court hearing, Los Angeles, 1935
- Clara Callahan Ates and Dorothy Ates, ex-wife and daughter of Roscoe Ates at court hearing, Los Angeles, 1935
- Date Created
- Nov. 15, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Cropped photograph published with the Los Angeles Times article, "Mrs. Ates Gets Watch -- Court Sets Finder's Reward at $99 and a Wife of Comedian Pays," Los Angeles Times, 16 Nov. 1935: A14.
Photograph of Clara Callahan Ates, ex-wife of comedian Roscoe Ates, famous for his stutter, accompanied by her daughter Dorothy Ates at a court hearing. Both women are dressed in dark coloured high necked outfits with lopsided hats as they attempt to recover Mrs. Ates' lost watch. Dorothy Ates was later cropped out of the picture used in the newspaper article.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
- Divorced women
Ates, Clara Callahan, 1897-1973
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .