James K. Spencer and Sarah M. Spencer celebrating 68 years of togetherness, Los Angeles, 1935
- James K. Spencer and Sarah M. Spencer celebrating 68 years of togetherness, Los Angeles, 1935
- Date Created
- Nov. 5, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Refer to article, "Years 'Lost' But He's 90 -- Might Live to Reach 180 if He Hadn't Worked at Threshing Job," Los Angeles Times, 11 Nov. 1935: A2.Photo taken on same day published under caption, "Wed Sixty-eight Years," Los Angeles Times, 11 Nov. 1935: A2.
James K. Spencer (90) with his wife Sarah M. Kelsey Payne Spencer (84) celebrating his 90th birthday and their sixty-eight years of togetherness. Both were born in Indiana and were married in Kansas in 1867, when Mrs. Spencer was 16 years old. The couple lived in several states and resided in Los Angeles from 1930. They had six children, seven grandchildren and one great-grandchild.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.