Rexford Guy Tugwell, U.S. Undersecretary of Agriculture, speaks at Olympic Auditorium, 1935
- Rexford Guy Tugwell, U.S. Undersecretary of Agriculture, speaks at Olympic Auditorium, 1935
- Date Created
- October 28, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Close-up of Rexford Guy Tugwell speaking into a microphone in the center stage of the Grand Olympic Auditorium. A design on his microphone appears to spell out "FLIX." In the background, the auditorium is full of seated men and women. Patriotic decor is common, with red-white-and-blue-colored banners.Tugwell was the Undersecretary of Agriculture and an agricultural economist who served under the Franklin Delano Roosevelt presidential administration. According to the article, he was invited by the Democratic State Central Committee to speak at the Olympic Auditorium, on 1801 S. Grand Avenue. He was resting in Palm Springs before his speech to fellow Democrats.
Related to the article, "Tugman Goes to Palm Springs for Day's Rest." Los Angeles Times, 30 Oct. 1935
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .