Frances Pyle models a gown at the Times' First Annual Fashion Show, Los Angeles, 1935
- Frances Pyle models a gown at the Times' First Annual Fashion Show, Los Angeles, 1935
- Date Created
- October 10, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
- Frances Pyle models a flowing, ruffled gown for the Los Angeles Times' First Annual Fashion Show, where designers from the fashion and entertainment worlds introduced their Fall styles. The dress features sheer shoulder sleeves, and what appears to be a small, bundle of silk flowers pinned at the belted waist. Pyle's ruff collar is also sheer. She holds a Chinese fan in one hand. There were multiple showings of the event--which included amateur and professional models, actors, singing, and other types of entertainment. The show took place in the Los Angeles Times building on 202 West 1st Street, most likely inside what is now the Harry Chandler Auditorium.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .