Crowd at Armistice Day service and veterans' rally in Sawtelle, Los Angeles, 1935
- Crowd at Armistice Day service and veterans' rally in Sawtelle, Los Angeles, 1935
- Date Created
- November 11, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Related to photograph spread, "Nation Pays Reverent Tribute to Memory of War Heroes on Armistice Day." Los Angeles Times, 12 Nov. 1935]
Related to article, "War Profits Criticized: Law for Universal Service Urged as 5000 Hear Talks at Military Home." Los Angeles Times, 12 Nov. 1935.
A crowd of thousands--men, women, and children--listen to a woman speak at a podium in the distance. The stage she is on is decorated in a patriotic theme, inspired by the American flag. Behind her, dozens of men sit on the same stage. Further back, behind a copse of trees is a building. This event was both an Armistice Day service and a rally for the decreased financial capitalization of warfare.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .