John Cavanagh arrives at the Biltmore Hotel by a horse drawn coach, Los Angeles, 1935
- John Cavanagh arrives at the Biltmore Hotel by a horse drawn coach, Los Angeles, 1935
- Date Created
- October 8, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Text from newspaper caption: Oldan days cam e back yesterday, behind a team of restive horses. The occasion was the arrival of John Cavanagh, hat maker, who was taken to the Biltmore in a coach. Charles Baad, hotel manager, is shown welcoming visitor.
This photograph appears with the title, “Cabs Aren't Often Seen Around Biltmore,” Los Angeles Times, 08 Oct. 1935: A3.
The door of the coach says in English: “Desmond’s, Dobbs, Fifth Avenue”.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Carriages & coaches--American--California--Los Angeles
Biltmore Hotel (Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .