Leroy Drake, Sr. puts an arm around his son Leroy Drake, Jr. in court, Long Beach, 1935
- Leroy Drake, Sr. puts an arm around his son Leroy Drake, Jr. in court, Long Beach, 1935
- Date Created
- December 20, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Leroy Drake Jr. is to plea insanity for the murder of his great-aunt and great-uncle. The prosecutors expect to prove that not only was Drake acting sanely but was motivated to gain inheritance of his relatives' moderate fortune.
Photograph appears with the article, "Plea Lost By Drake," Los Angeles Times, 10 Dec 1935: A2.
Leroy Sr. places one arm around his son's shoulders and his other hand rests on top of Leroy Jr.'s.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Judicial proceedings--California--Long Beach
Drake, Thomas LeRoy, b. 1916
Drake, Leroy, (Senior)
- Long Beach (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.