George W. Dickinson golfing at the Los Angeles Country Club, Los Angeles, 1935
- George W. Dickinson golfing at the Los Angeles Country Club, Los Angeles, 1935
- Date Created
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Related to the article, “Realty Man Celebrates: George W. Dickinson Marks Eightieth Milestone With Golf Game.” Los Angeles Times, 21 Aug. 1935.
View of George W. Dickinson standing outdoors in hat, glasses, collared shirt, belt, pants, holding raised golf club. George Dickinson was a pioneer real estate operator in Los Angeles who was responsible for subdividing the Rampart Boulevard district, Moreno Highlands, and tracts in the Silver Lake district. He was also an avid golfer who frequently played at the Los Angeles Country Club where he decided to celebrate his 80th birthday by playing a game of golf. He died the following year due to a heart attack.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Older people--California--Los Angeles
Los Angeles Country Club
Dickinson, George W., 1855-1936
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .