J.C. McLaughlin, nonagenarian, 1935
- J.C. McLaughlin, nonagenarian, 1935
- Date Created
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
View of J.C. McLaughlin seated in coat and hat, with right hand raised and index finger pointing upward. McLaughlin, 99 years old, refused President Garfield's offer to be Secretary of War. He traveled all over the world during his eleven years at sea and attributes his longevity to "not being a loafer," abstinence from intoxicants, and exercise as reported in the Los Angeles Times.
Related to the article, “Nonagenarian Tells How He Refused Cabinet Post.” Los Angeles Times, 2 Sept. 1935.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
- McLaughlin, J.C. 1836-
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .