Captain Margaret Steed leads the American Legion Auxiliary drill team, San Gabriel, 1935
- Captain Margaret Steed leads the American Legion Auxiliary drill team, San Gabriel, 1935
- Date Created
- September 7, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Photograph appears with the article, "San Gabriel Festival Coronation Conducted," Los Angeles Times, 08 Sep 1935: 24.
Margaret and the rest of the drill team stand in formation wearing matching uniforms. They wear arm cuffs, shiny sleeveless shirts, long pants, white shoes, and cylindrical hats with small visors. Margaret holds a very long baton in front of her.
San Gabriel, the oldest Christian community in Los Angeles County, is host to the Southland in a three-day festival celebrating her 164th birthday anniversary.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .