Jeanette Johns' landscape painting, Los Angeles, 1935
- Jeanette Johns' landscape painting, Los Angeles, 1935
- Date Created
- September 9, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Jeanette Johns' bucolic painting of houses along a hill. There is an illegible handwritten note on the canvas background of the photo describing the subject of the painting. The piece was signed by the artist in 1930.
Jeanette Johns (1877-1935) was a member of the California Art Club and was known for her colorful paintings of Olvera Street.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .