Actresses and sisters Rosetta Duncan and Vivian Duncan poase with Vivian's daughter, Evelyn, Los Angeles, 1935
- Actresses and sisters Rosetta Duncan and Vivian Duncan poase with Vivian's daughter, Evelyn, Los Angeles, 1935
- Date Created
- August 31, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
In 1935 the sisters, who had gained success in film and theater starring as the characters Eva and Topsy (a role which Rosetta played in blackface) were attempting to make a comeback after various personal and financial troubles.
Vivian Duncan and Rosetta Duncan, known as both the Duncan Sisters and the Heavenly Twins, pose with Vivian's daughter Evelyn as she performs an arabesque. Vivian wears a striped scarf and suit, while Rosetta wears fur.
A different photograph taken on the same occasion appears with the article, "'Heavenly Twins' Still Smiling: Duncan Sisters Return, Denying New Romances," Los Angeles Times, 1 Sept. 1935: 5.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Asther, Evelyn Rosetta, 1931-2013
Duncan, Rosetta, 1900-1959
Duncan, Vivian, 1902-1986
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .