Joyce Wethered golfs at the Wilshire Country Club, Los Angeles, 1935
- Joyce Wethered golfs at the Wilshire Country Club, Los Angeles, 1935
- Date Created
- September 1, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Similar photograph appears with the article, "Wethered, Dutra Lose," Los Angeles Times, 02 Sep 1935: 7.
Olin Dutra plays in the September 1935 Wilshire Country Club exhibition with Joyce Wethered, teeing off with Willie Hunter and Charlie Guest. Dutra and Wethered lost to Hunter and Guest.
Joyce is photographed just after completing a swing, looking into the direction where the ball has gone. A crowd of men, women, and children stand behind ropes watching her. Closest to the camera stands her caddy, holding her golf bag and smoking a cigarette.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Country clubs--California--Los Angeles
- Wethered, Joyce
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .