Nonagenarian Julia M. Ely with her radio, Los Angeles, 1935
- Nonagenarian Julia M. Ely with her radio, Los Angeles, 1935
- Date Created
- August 27, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Even though Mrs. Ely has seven sons and grandsons currently serving or retired from various military positions, including military instructors and aviators, this will be the first election that she is voting in via absentee ballot.
Photograph appears with the article, "First Vote To Aid G.O.P.," Los Angeles Times, 10 Apr 1936: 9.
Julia sits in a wicker chair adjusting a knob on her radio.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .