Postmaster H. B. R. Briggs, J. F. Bourne, Walter Brownsweiger, and an unidentified man by the P.O. boxes, Los Angeles, 1935
- Postmaster H. B. R. Briggs, J. F. Bourne, Walter Brownsweiger, and an unidentified man by the P.O. boxes, Los Angeles, 1935
- Date Created
- July-August 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Similar photograph appears with the article, "Non-Closing Postoffice Opens On Spring Street," Los Angeles Times, 25 July 1935: A1.
J.F. Bourne kneels on one knee in front of an open mailbox. Postmaster Briggs leans over Bourne's shoulder looking inside the mailbox. Behind them stands another man, and on the other side of the open mailbox another man crouches down. It is not distinguished which of these men is Walter Brownsweiger.
A new branch of the Los Angeles post office opens at 719 South Spring Street.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Post offices--California--Los Angeles
Bourne, J. F.
Briggs, Henry B. R., 1881-1936
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.