Postmaster Henry B. R. Briggs waits on businessmen J. B. Van Nuys, James Rathwell Page, Ben R. Meyer, J. W. Elliott, and Stiles O. Clements, Los Angeles, 1935
- Postmaster Henry B. R. Briggs waits on businessmen J. B. Van Nuys, James Rathwell Page, Ben R. Meyer, J. W. Elliott, and Stiles O. Clements, Los Angeles, 1935
- Date Created
- July-August 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
The men form a line in front of the mailboxes to talk to Briggs, leaning over the window counter. Van Nuys leans on the counter holding his hat in his hand.
Photograph appears with the article, "Non-Closing Postoffice Opens on Spring Street," Los Angeles Times, 25 July 1935: A1.
The new Los Angeles post office is the only one in the United States that is open seven days a week any time of day or night.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Post offices--California--Los Angeles
Business people--American--California--Los Angeles
Clements, Stiles Oliver, 1883-1966
Elliott, James W.
Briggs, Henry B. R., 1881-1936
Van Nuys, James Benton, 1883-1962
Meyer, Benjamin R., 1879-1957
Page, James Rathwell, 1884-1962
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.