Lorenzo D. Smith works in his garden, Los Angeles, 1935
- Lorenzo D. Smith works in his garden, Los Angeles, 1935
- Date Created
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Similar photograph appears with the article, "Confessions of a Garden Wall," Los Angeles Times, 23 June 1935: H19.
"Smithy" leans on his knees working in a section of the garden.
L.D. Smith's garden is surrounded by a cement wall covered in adornments such as jewels, bottles, broken glass, teapot lids, and other miscellaneous objects. Smith was an occupational contractor in the cement and brick industry.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Garden walls--California--Los Angeles
- Smith, Lorenzo Dillison, b. 1860 or 61-1937
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .