W. Foxall MacElree is arrested with the help of his father James Paul MacElree, Los Angeles, 1935
- W. Foxall MacElree is arrested with the help of his father James Paul MacElree, Los Angeles, 1935
- Date Created
- July 31, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
J. Paul MacElree stands next to his son, who clasps his hands in front of himself.
When police apprehended the younger MacElree on Wilshire and Santa Monica Boulevards he was found with $208 on him, part strapped to his arm and the rest taped to his ankle. His father claims that the charges are a result of a mix-up in the books of the Sheriff's office and the money found on his son is his own.
Photograph appears with the article, "Father Aids Son Arrest," Los Angeles Times, 28 July 1935: 3.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .