Spencer A. Townsend is to begin tour in California with the Organized Reserves, Los Angeles, 1935
- Spencer A. Townsend is to begin tour in California with the Organized Reserves, Los Angeles, 1935
- Date Created
- July 31, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Story related to photograph appears with the article, "Major Gets Duty With Reservists," Los Angeles Times, 21 July 1935.
Major Townsend wears a civilian's suit sitting at a desk with a typewriter.
Major Townsend is one of the U.S. Army's youngest majors and has recently been appointed to begin a tour of duty in California with the Organized Reserves.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Military personnel--American--California--Los Angeles
Townsend, Spencer A., 1891-1974
United States. Army Reserve Officers' Training Corps
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .