Councilman Robert Burns greets citizens Lucy Vasquez, Clara Bermudez, and some children, Los Angeles, 1935
- Councilman Robert Burns greets citizens Lucy Vasquez, Clara Bermudez, and some children, Los Angeles, 1935
- Date Created
- July 22, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Burns stands between two young women holding the Mexican flag made out of flowers. Two boys and two girls of different ages hold hands in front of them.
Gratitude was expressed to Councilman Robert Burns from representatives of the Mexican centric Olvera Street in the form of laughter, songs and speeches.
Photograph appears with the article, "Councilmen Hear Olvera Street Gratitude," Los Angeles Times, 17 July 1935: A3.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Municipal officials--California--Los Angeles
Olvera Street (Los Angeles, Calif.)
Burns, Robert Louis, 1876-1955
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .