Widow Ivy Focher receives a check from Lou Daro, Los Angeles, 1935
- Widow Ivy Focher receives a check from Lou Daro, Los Angeles, 1935
- Date Created
- July 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
William Focher was shot dead by police after they misapprehended him as a hold-up suspect. Even though wrestling promoter Lou Daro was not responsible for Focher's death he gifted Focher's widow with $5000.
Daro holds the check in both hands while Mrs. Focher holds one corner of it between her fingers.
Photograph appears with the article, "Daro Deposits $5000 for Focher's Widow," Los Angeles Times, 25 July 1935: 11.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .