Dr. Tesla Nicola, his wife Ruth Nicola, and their sons Bruce and Darrell are living in the Ethiopian danger zone, Addis Ababa, 1935
- Dr. Tesla Nicola, his wife Ruth Nicola, and their sons Bruce and Darrell are living in the Ethiopian danger zone, Addis Ababa, 1935
- Date Created
- July 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
A family portrait of the Nicola against a gray backdrop.
The American Legation is advising Southern California citizens and their families, medical missionaries of the Seventh Day Adventist Church, to leave Ethiopia because of the threat of war. Dr. Nicola of Montebello left for Abyssinia in 1933 and lives in Addis Ababa with his wife and their three sons.
Photograph appears with the article, "Angelenos Face Peril," Los Angeles Times, 07 July 1935: 8.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Nicola, Darrell Allan, 1929-2011
Nicola, Bruce Eugene, 1926-2006
Nicola, Ruth, 1900-1981
Nicola, Tesla Case, 1896-1971
- Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .