Fire Chief Ralph J. Scott receives a hand-illuminated book at a surprise party in his honor, Los Angeles, 1935
- Fire Chief Ralph J. Scott receives a hand-illuminated book at a surprise party in his honor, Los Angeles, 1935
- Date Created
- July 11, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
This photograph is very similar to another one of this event published with the caption: A Surprise That Didn't Alarm Chief Scott: Presenting hand-illuminated book, signed by every member of fire department, to Fire Chief Scott are, left to right, Mrs. Addie Scott, Fire Commissioner Lewis, Harlan L. De Witt of Fireman's Relief Association, and Mayor Shaw. The Surprise party marked the chief's thirtieth year with the department. [Los Angeles Times, 12 July 1935: A12].
Fire Chief Ralph J. Scott is honored with a surprise party to celebrate his thirty years of service to the fire department. He is receiving a hand-illuminated book signed by every member of the fire department. From left to right, Ralph J. Scott, his wife Addie Scott, Fire Commissioner Edward Lewis, Harlan De Witt of the Fireman's Relief Association, and Mayor Shaw.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .