Myrtle Strachota, Miss Wisconsin, disembarks from a train, Los Angeles, 1935
- Myrtle Strachota, Miss Wisconsin, disembarks from a train, Los Angeles, 1935
- Date Created
- August 21, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Myrtle Strachota, Miss Wisconsin, disembarks from a train upon her arrival in Los Angeles. She was in California in order to represent Wisconsin at the California Pacific International Exposition in San Diego. She stands on a stool just outside of the train, and wears a white hat, white shoes and dress, and carries white gloves in her hand.
A different photograph of Myrtle Strachota taken on the same occasion appears with the article, "Wisconsin Beauty Prize Winner Hollywood Guest," Los Angeles Times, 22 Aug. 1935: A8.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Arrivals & departures--American--California--Los Angeles
Beauty contestants--California--Los Angeles
- Strachota, Myrtle, 1915-2012
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .