Beverly Hills Police Chief Charles Blair, Beverly Hills, 1935
- Beverly Hills Police Chief Charles Blair, Beverly Hills, 1935
- Date Created
- August 16, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Police Chief Blair is quoted in the article, "Southland Stunned by Tragic Plane Deaths of Will Rogers and Wiley Post: Gestures of Reverence Bear Witness to Grief. Film Colony, Official Circles and Lay Public Pay Tribute to Widely-Beloved Pair," Los Angeles Times, 17 Aug. 1935.
Police Chief Charles C. Blair standing next to a framed collage of seven photographs featuring Will Rogers and members of the Beverly Hills Police and Fire Departments. The photos were taken when Blair was a patrolman. Caption below photos reads: "Mayor Will Rogers Inspecting His Police and Fire Department, Beverly Hills, Calif. Mar. 6th 1927." Blair is photographed in an office with maps of Beverly Hills seen on the wall and on the surface on which the framed collage rests.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
- Police--California--Beverly Hills
Blair, Charles Coutts, 1884-1946
Rogers, Will, 1879-1935
- Beverly Hills (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .