Deportees Ana Maria Gonzales, Soledad Zaragoza and Dorothy Barber in a railroad car, Los Angeles, 1935
- Deportees Ana Maria Gonzales, Soledad Zaragoza and Dorothy Barber in a railroad car, Los Angeles, 1935
- Date Created
- August 13, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Photograph of (L to R) Ana Maria Gonzales, Soledad Zaragoza (standing), and Dorothy Barber, in a Southern Pacific Railroad tourist car. The women are amongst several deportees being escorted to various border locations, where they will proceed to their home countries.
Related to the article, "Deportees Start Home: Fifty on Special Federal Train. Carlos Tamborrell, Political Figure, Being Returned to Mexico City," Los Angeles Times, 14 Aug. 1935: A1.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
- Deportations--United States
Gonzales, Ana Maria, b. 1917 or 18
Zaragoza, Soledad, b. 1917 or 18
Barber, Dorothy, b. 1905 or 06
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .