People listening to Congressman and poet laureate John Steven McGroarty at Brookside Park, Pasadena, 1935
- People listening to Congressman and poet laureate John Steven McGroarty at Brookside Park, Pasadena, 1935
- Date Created
- August 18, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Photograph of a crowd of people at Brookside Park attending an all-day homecoming picnic for John Steven McGroarty, poet laureate of California and member of Congress. The people are seated as they listen to McGroarty, who also talked about the Townsend old-age pension plan.
Event reported in "M'Groarty Paid Honor: Friends Gather at Pasadena," Los Angeles Times, 19 Aug. 1935: A1. A very similar photograph was published with the title, "Park Thronged at Home-coming Reception," Los Angeles Times, 19 Aug. 1935: A1.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .